Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Strange Delights: Mo's Bacon Bar by Vosges

Bacon and chocolate. Bacon and chocolate?! I bet you never mixed some of that up at the breakfast table, did you? Not to worry, because Vosges fine chocolates are here to correct any previous misconceptions on your part that this wouldn't be a good idea. This incredibly smooth, thin, dark chocolate bar (also available in milk chocolate) is interspersed with delightful little pings of real, honest-to-goodness bacon throughout. No Bacon Bits here -- this is the real deal. I was surprised and delighted by how well the two tastes go together, and thankful I thought to pick up two bars (although one was supposed to be for Eric...oops). The chocolate melts right in your mouth, and the hint of bacon flavor is neither overpowering nor weak.

If you live here in Arlington, VA, you can find Vosges products at The Curious Grape in Shirlington. Or, order right from the maker at http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/. Check out their other yummy, unique flavors while you are there -- and their giant bacon-chocolate gift set, including a corresponding pancake mix I am dying to try!

Thanks for keeping life interesting, Vosges (and Mo)!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and finding out all these new things! Excellent writing.

    Aunt Vinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...interesting. I have to admit, this doesn't sound very appetizing to me, but when I told my friend Byron at work about it, his look of joy could have lit up the night sky!!!

    ReplyDelete