Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hello from Hilton Head


Greetings faithful readers! :) I'm writing from Hilton Head Island, where my family has rented a drop-dead gorgeous beach house.

We arrived at something like 7 PM today after an exhausting drive replete with strange happenings ... which, rest assured, you will hear all about later.

For now, I'm still somehow covered in chlorine, sand, and salt water despite a signature hour-long hot shower. Maybe that stuff just never really comes off when you're at the beach. Maybe this isn't a bad thing.

More tomorrow! Will post night beach pictures! (Stars at night over the total black of the ocean ... there is no comparison)

1 comment:

  1. This entry reminds me of how wonderful it was to run down to the beach in the dark after 13 hours in the car! I'm glad you got pictures -- it'll be fun to see them.

    Aunt Vinson

    ReplyDelete